A consultation with our Doctor is required for all wrinkle treatments. We can then advise if you are suitable or not. Wrinkle treatments are prescription only medicines and for this reason may not be suitable for everyone.
Botulinum Toxin is injected into the face to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. Botulinum Toxin is a purified protein which has been extracted from bacteria which is used for anti-ageing treatments under many brand names. We only use the premium brand of botulinum. Please contact us to find out more. Botulinum toxin is a prescription only drug and should only be administered by a medical professional.
Botulinum Toxin is administered via an injection, mostly used in the upper part of the face to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead, it can also be used in the lower face for lip lines, down turned mouth, gummy smile and saggy neck/jaw. To book your appointment please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- +How Does It Work?
- Muscles in our face contract thousands of times a day and pull on our skin, this in turn creates lines and wrinkles.
Botulinum toxin relaxes these facial muscles so the skin no longer creases. The muscles relax for typically 3-4 months and the treatment will then need repeating. Lines and wrinkles are smoothed out or can disappear all together. Deep established lines will require repeat treatments and skin treatments.
For underarm sweating, the injections stop the contraction of the sweat glands. The results can last up to 6 months.
- +How Do You Administer the Treatment?
- Botulinum toxin is injected in tiny doses in multiple areas, with a very fine needle. There is usually little pain experienced from this treatment. The visible effects of the treatment appear over the course of a few days to a week with the full results of the treatment visible after about 14 days.
The results last from 3 – 6 months and the treatment is then repeated every 3 – 6 months to maintain the desired effect of the treatment. Treatment for excess sweating can last for between 6-9 months.
All of our Anti-Wrinkle treatments are carried out by fully qualified and experienced doctors. All of our clients seeking injectable treatments are given a full free consultation with one of our doctors to ensure they fully understand the treatment, their expectations and side effects.
- +Are There Any Side Effects?
- After 4 hours of staying upright you can continue with your normal daily activities after treatment. Occasionally there is slight bruising/swelling at the injection site, however your cosmetics doctor will give you advice on how to prevent and treat this.
Side effects in extremely rare cases involve the protein within the Anti-Wrinkle treatment having an effect on other muscles nearby and/or causing weakness of these muscles. This is very rare and the effect is only temporary, and will last a few weeks at most.
Complimentary follow up is included.
Get in Touch
Get in touch for more information or to book a consultation with one of our Doctors please click the appointments tab.