Microneedling is an excellent skin rejuvenation treatment, it can be used for wrinkles, acne scarring, skin laxity, surgical scars, pigmentation and so much more. It is quick, safe and most importantly does not damage the top layer (epidermis) of your skin. Miicroneedling works deep down in the skin to improve the skin condition from within. The results are fantastic and you can read many 5* reviews on our google review page.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is an excellent skin rejuvenation treatment.
Microneedling involves the use of a electronic device which contains tiny sterile needles. This is moved across the skin which creates many minuscule puncture wounds. These tiny wounds stimulate the skin cells to create essential growth factors which increase collagen production and regenerate the skin from within. The result is smoother, plumper, healthier skin.
We use SkinPen, an FDA approved microneedling pen. We believe you deserve the best and so we only used fully researched and premium products.
For best results a course of 3 treatments is advised for skin rejuvenation and a course of 6 for moderate-severe acne scarring or deeper wrinkles/sun damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- +What Can Microneedling Be Used For?
The benefit of microneedling is that your practitioner can select the best needle length for you. Different needle lengths can be used for different skin concerns. Typical needle lengths range from 0.25mm-3mm.
Microneedling is commonly used on the face, neck and décolletage.
Microneedling can be used for the following skin concerns;
- Loss of skin firmness
- Dull, tired skin
- Acne scars – mild or severe
- Hyperpigmentation/sun damage
- Fine to severe wrinkles
- Old Scars – from wounds or surgery.
- +Are There Any Contraindictions to Treatment?
If you have any of the following conditions, microneedling may not be suitable for you;
- Active acne or rosacea
- Skin infection or irritation
- Skin cancer/raised moles
- Use of blood thinning medication
- Prone to cold sores/herpes infection
- Severe allergies
- Needle phobia
- +How Do You Administer the Treatment?
- Your face will be medically cleansed and a numbing cream applied. Your Doctor will then start the microneedling treatment, which involves moving the device over the area to be treated. A skin enhancing serum may be used at the same time as the device, as the device allows the product to penetrate into the skin with ease.
The procedure takes 20-30 minutes. You may feel a little discomfort and a warming sensation on the skin. Your treatment also includes a Celluma LED session and a pHformula skin booster application.
A recovery cream and face mask are provided for home use.
- +Are There Any Side Effects?
- Microneedling is very safe and can also be used on darker skin colours.
Typical side effects will include, redness, mild flushing, tight and dry skin.
Delicate skin may have mild bruising or swelling.
Get in Touch
Get in touch for more information or to book a free consultation with one of our Doctors. Please fill in our short form and we will be right with you.